Thursday, September 25, 2008

Two posts in one day - I've gone crazy LOL. This one is of some 3D xmas baubles I have made on my PI, the middle gold & red metallic one was made with a file made by the lovely Alisa - the other plain gold ones were a flat 2D file from UK Scrappers that I converted to WPC, tweaked to make it mirror image & then made into 3D. The gold ones were cut on some scrap cardstock that a lady named Loraine from our cutting group gave me - thank you Loraine!

I recently made a box on my PI to send to a lovely lady as part of a surprise Wishing Well & I sent it off without taking a photo. So I made this one this afternoon, it's pretty much the same except it has a different ribbon across the box on it. I love the little flowers, both cutting files came from UK scrappers & I converted them & cleaned them up for the PI.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Some more cards I made today - all either cut on my PI or cuttlebugged. All the bows were tied using a Bow Easy - thanks to Mylene for her excellent tutorial these are my first attempts at using it, not bad, huh? :) .

Here is an interesting card I did the other day. I used my cuttlebug to emboss a sheet of chipboard & then painted it with white acrylic paint & sealed it. I then used my twinkling H2Os in 2 similar shades of pink to highlight the raised & sunken areas & a white sparkly H2O over the background. I then sealed it & put some red mesh across it before finishing it off with a heart covered in white opals embossing powder.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Here are 2 simple cards I did on the weekend. Both have an element cut on the PI, the gold photo corners on the purple heart card & the white background lace on the pink, black & white flower card. The purple heart with gold is done using Opals embossing powder & both cards have a background that has been run through the cuttlebug.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

OK I may as well start with the cover of my altered book which I did a couple of weeks back. I gessoed the cover & sponged on polished pigments & paints for the background then added the picture & blended it in. Lastly I put on the title (I made the IMAGINATION letters down the right hand side from moulds) & covered the spine with gold leaf.

This is my first attempt at an altered book (actually, an altered anything!). I used the title Tales of Mystery & Imagination (the name of an anthology of short stories & poems by Edgar Allan Poe) because that is exactly what I am trying to show - the idea is that the pages will show the inspiration & imagination that I use to create different things.

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Like most other people when they get to that little text box, I have no idea what I am doing, no idea where this is going to go & no idea what I am going to write but I have to start somewhere, so it may as well be with this first post :) .